News
Publications
Contact us

18 August 2005

 

News of Lucy's work in Bale

Having finished my final field surveys last month, I am currently entering data into the computer and preparing for the major analytical phase of my research. The last rodent grids were trapped in June, and these data will be used to test my rodent/vegetation forecasting model before being incorporated into the main dataset to develop the finished model. My last surveys were focussed on checking the accuracy of my habitat map, and surveying molerat activity in areas and habitats which I had not visited before, including beautiful Worgona Valley and swamp-laced Chafa Delacha. My next major task is to pull all of the prey, vegetation and remotely-sensed data together to create the Bale-wide map of resource abundance which will form the backbone of my thesis. I will be returning to England in August, and will be very sad to say farewell to the staff of the EWCP, and the wolves which they aim to protect.

Lucy Tallents, Dinsho, Bale. 18 August 2005



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?